Y'all, if you're looking for a tasty and healthy snack you have got to make homemade almond butter with fresh ground cinnamon. I can't take any credit for this deliciousness as Pascal did all the making, but I had to share it! It's super simple despite taking a bit of time to fully grind into buttery goodness. Here's how to make your own:
Homemade Almond Butter + Fresh Cinnamon
- 2 cups almonds
- 1.5 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F)
- Spead almonds in an even layer over a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool before adding to a food processor or mixer (I've also heard a coffee grinder works quite well for nut butters!)
- Add cinnamon + almonds to your mixer and get ready to make some noise. We used 1.5 teaspoons of freshly ground cinnamon from Pascal's trip to Egypt!
- Depending on your machine you'll need to grind the almonds for about 20 minutes to allow for the nuts to fully release their oils and become nice and creamy.
Once it reaches your desired consistency it's ready for snacking! I love adding it to apples for an afternoon snack or using it in my morning smoothie.
Homemade almond butter also makes the best gift. We picked up a few of these cute little glass jars from Ikea to fill whenever we need a little something as a thank you or a special treat. Add a little note tied on with baker's twine and you're done!